To enhance understanding of the human response to disease and suffering, deepen the interpretive skills and creative engagement of health professionals, situate medicine in its broader social and cultural context, and improve the delivery of health care at UCSF and beyond.
- Develop creative, and collaborative approaches for education, health care, and health advocacy that span disciplines within and across the health sciences and humanities.
- Seek ways to meaningfully contribute to the delivery of the highest-quality, patient-centered care.
- Train the next generation of leading physicians, exhibiting care, attention, and ethical action.
- Serve our local, regional and global communities and target elimination of health disparities.
- Integrate all groups of trainees, faculty and staff equally in MH programs to develop a team-based interprofessional future for medicine.